Dr. József Constantin Széles
Specialist in Surgery
Dr. J. Constantin Széles was a surgeon at the Clinical Department for Surgery in the General Hospital of Vienna and focused on vascular medicine.
At the Medical University of Vienna his research focus for more than 15 years was the auricular vagus nerve stimulation (aVNS). He is the inventor of AuriStim®, an aVNS device with several 10,000 successful applications.
- AVNS therapy
- Pain therapy
- Wound surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- Foam sclerotherapy
- Therapy of venous diseases
Press Releases & Reports
- Portrait of Joszéf Széles: Inventor of the vagus nerve of the time (Ärztezeitung, October 2018)
- Ear pain relief (MyScience.at, May 2018)
- Current impulses for wound healing (ORF, October 2014)
- Electricity instead of pills (Medicine & Technology, July 2012)
- Electrical signals against pain (IDW Informationsdienst Wissenschaft, June 2012)